SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#168152 - 08/05/03 03:11 PM "summer school 3"
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hello sz friends,
I have some sugestions for this years "summerschool" i have talked about intro's and endings on keyboards and technical tricks on keyboards before.

What do you like this year,

1. reharmonisation of melodies and chords.
2. what are the tensions if you play a chord left and what play right.
3. a specific melodie contest for sz members .. play this arrangement.

You choose, .

the vote ends this saterday !!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
notlos

------------------

#168153 - 08/05/03 04:26 PM Re: "summer school 3"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Dirk,

Excuse my ignorance, but what is this Summer School about? I understand it will deal with Arranger Keyboard Techniques, but where will it take place? How much time? In what depth?

All three topics seem extremely interesting!

Thanks a lot for your clarification,

-- José.

#168154 - 08/05/03 09:00 PM Re: "summer school 3"
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Notlos

I choose the lessons on tensions. I do not have knowledge of these and would like to learn more about this topic.

Respectfully submitted,

Tom G.

#168155 - 08/05/03 11:55 PM Re: "summer school 3"
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hallo Mathias,

normally i make a topic on the arranger keyboard forum about a subject and all synthzone members who that want can have a pdf file of the subject and also mp3 examples of some lessons.

dirk

------------------

#168156 - 08/06/03 03:34 AM Re: "summer school 3"
FreeStyle Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hello Notlos,

I would like to learn the stuffs covered in topics 1 & 2. Very interesting!

#168157 - 08/06/03 06:21 AM Re: "summer school 3"
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hello Notlos,

I'm kinda interested in #3.

What did you have in mind?

mike

[This message has been edited by msutliff (edited 08-06-2003).]

#168158 - 08/06/03 07:55 AM Re: "summer school 3"
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
1 & 2 sounds interesting, but 3 would be fun as well.
They have some interesting things going on in the Technics forum. Musicians submit their songs for others to hear. Not sure how they do this. Maybe Bebop could inlighten us.
Starkeeper

#168159 - 08/06/03 08:05 AM Re: "summer school 3"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Dirk (Notlos): I'm particularly interested in hearing your perspective on use of chord substitutions (both reharmonization & chord voicings used) and specifically how you 'voice' the chord extensions (9,11, 13) and tensions (b9,#9, #11, b13, etc) in (right/left hand) specifically for arranger type keyboard playing. Tips on achieving 'smooth voice leading' would also be of great value. I of course have a few thoughts on this subject too, so look forward to reading your 'summerschool' topic. - Scott

#168160 - 08/06/03 08:10 PM Re: "summer school 3"
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
1 & 2 sounds interesting, but 3 would be fun as well.
They have some interesting things going on in the Technics forum. Musicians submit their songs for others to hear. Not sure how they do this. Maybe Bebop could inlighten us.
Starkeeper

HI Starkeeper,
I maintain a 6 email lists of several hundred Technics Keyboard owner/players. This is a membership list that requires a registration in the Technics forum, even though my lists are not part of the technics forum. It started out a couple of years ago as a 20 for 1 deal. You submit 1 song in Technics format and you received 20 in return. This often included up to 20 new styles, (one for each song) that you might not already have in your keyboard. This ultimately became too much work for me so it has evolved into a simple forwarding system, wherein, you zip up and send me your song and a cover letter and I just forward it out to the apporpriate email list. It is a love of labor but it does tend to keep everyone playing, recording and in good fellowship
Best to you
Bill the Bebop

#168161 - 08/08/03 02:14 AM Re: "summer school 3"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dirk,

Thanks for the explanation! By order of relevance (personal interest), I would like to know about 1,2,3.

-- José.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online